Beautiful logos for Knoxville Businesses.
Before the logo design process begins, you have to concrete a budget. Professional logos can cost quite a bit of money, especially if the logo is complex. You can find a freelancer to design your logo for less than $50, but the vast pool of freelancers very broad. Some can be very professional while others will simply throw something together. However, you can also spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a full logo package with branding, customization and more. Small businesses will likely want to find a professional and high-quality company like Appleseed Web Design, and set your budget between $1,000 and $10,000. Particularly small businesses may do very well with a freelancer as long as you do plenty of research on them, analyze their portfolio thoroughly and they act as professionally as possible.
Logos are a massive part of a business’s identity and so when you’re picking one for your firm, you want to get it right. We’ve come up with a list of top tips for choosing the perfect logo for your business.
- Find a good designer that you trust.
- Do you have a particular yearning for a typographic (text) logo? Or do you want something illustrative that shows at a glance what your business does? Or a graphic logo that may use an image unrelated to your business area at all, but which over time will become unmistakably linked to your name? You can even have a mix.
- What do you want your logo to say about you?
- Does the name of your business impact your logo choice?
- Think carefully about what colors you want to use. It is sensible to keep the color palette down to two or three colors, as this will be inexpensive to reproduce in all sorts of formats.
- If you’re getting a redesigned logo rather than something brand new, try to come up with some specific things that you do and don’t like about your current one.
- Make sure your new logo will look good in a variety of settings – which settings will depend on your business needs, but as an example, will it look good as a Twitter logo?
- Be wary of getting overly emotional about the choice – you are making a decision for your business, not choosing wallpaper for your home.
- Make the effort to find a logo you really love. You have to live with this logo for a long time.
- Ask a trusted friend or two for their opinion. But bear in mind that having an opinion is easy, while making a decision can be much harder. Ask ten different people to pick their favorite logo out of ten choices, and chances are you’ll come away with a ‘top five’ at the most rather than a top one.
Make sure that your company logo does not have too many fonts and always use the best fonts related to your design. Using too many fonts at one place can cause confusion for the viewers. It would be better if there are not more than two fonts in a logo so that it can improve the legibility of the design and viewers can easily recognize the logo. If you need help on your next logo design, come give us a shout at Appleseed Web Design